Nobody said being a social media manager was easy! You’ve got a lot of responsibility, and it’s easy for things to slip through the cracks if you’re not careful!
That’s why I’m here. I’ve got a simple, usable checklist that you can use every week to make sure everything gets done. Across social media, these are the steps you’ll need to take for a thriving campaign!
- Check Notifications: Make sure there’s nothing happening on your page that you need to handle!
- Check Reviews: Thank positive reviewers and give thoughtful comments/questions to negative reviewers.
- Check Check-Ins: Are people visiting your brick and mortar store? Be aware of who’s telling people about you and what they have to say!
- Respond to Comments: Good or bad, every comment needs to get a response.
- Check That Posts Are Correct: Always double check that your posts were published without errors!
- Invite Engaged Users: If someone likes a post, invite them to like the page!
- Respond to Messages: The faster, the better!
- Respond to Replies: They’re a great source of audience engagement. Continue the engagement!
- Respond to Mentions: Have a hand in any conversations about your brand!
- Check & Respond to Messages: The last thing you want is to ignore a potential customer.
- Like Relevant Posts: This will show your audience that your business is engaged with the goings-on in your field.
- Retweet Useful Posts: Not every post can be about your brand. Share content that creates value for your audience!
- Pin Featured Tweets: Is there something important you want potential followers to see? Pin it!
- Like Relevant Posts: Get involved with your community by liking their posts and news in your industry!
- Respond to Comments: If your followers have thoughts on something you posted, strike up a conversation! You’ll improve their sense of brand loyalty!
- Check That Posts Are Correct: Did your caption format correctly? Is the image sized the way you wanted it? Double check!
- Check Follower Growth: How much has your following grown? Consider your latest content and how that may have played a role. You’ll improve your overall strategy this way!
- Spy on Competitors: See what your competition is posting and how their followers are responding. If the followers love a style of content, recreate it! If they hate another type of post, avoid it!
- Respond to Messages: Don’t use generic responses like “Thanks!” or a thumbs up. Respond with something meaningful to the people who took the time to reach out!
- Join Groups: LinkedIn groups are one of the best places to make professional connections.
- Send Connection Requests: The more connections you have, the more credible you’ll look. If there’s someone you want to engage with, you’re more likely to get a response with mutual connections! Search for people by location or job title and connect with them!
- Check Posts Are Correct: Professional sites like LinkedIn are especially unforgiving of bad formatting and grammatical errors.
- Respond to Comments: If your content is getting attention, capitalize off of that by responding to commenters.
- Respond to Messages: LinkedIn messages could lead to a business opportunity, so always respond as quickly as possible!
Wash, Rinse, Repeat
It’s true that the job of a social media manager is difficult, but that’s no excuse to let things fall by the wayside. Save and print our checklist by clicking on the image below to make sure you’re making the most of your social media following and continuing to grow toward your goals!
Do you want some individualized help with your social media marketing? Just set up a free consultation with The Go! Agency!