Content marketers love the holiday season. Unlike the lazy days of summer, there is more than enough inspiration to go around for email marketing, social media, blogging, and any other avenue you can think of.
There’s just one catch – there are just so much great ideas out there, there’s not enough time to do them all. Fortunately, we have you covered and we’re exploring the best ideas right here.
1. Updated festive visuals – Add a Santa hat to your profile pic, a menorah to your cover image, flashing lights to your Snapchat Story. Above all, make sure your holiday-themed content has imagery.
2. Flash sale – Have you looked at the calendar lately? It’s a bit too late to do a “12 days of deals” type deal. However, it’s still fair game for quick “limited time” social-media-exclusive sales. These do surprisingly well, especially as many of us procrastinate. Make sure the sale is worth people opening up their wallets for them because a lot of “wish lists” are complete!
3. Seasons Greetings. Email marketing is a fantastic avenue to send out holiday wishes to your loyal customer base. As always with eblasts, it is important to send out content that isn’t 100% pushy promotions. A holidays greeting email will do just the trick to make your readers smile.
4. Pics from the team – Whether you post (not embarrassing) pictures from your Christmas party or your team reaching out to the community for a volunteering event, this idea adds a healthy dose of humanity to any marketing campaign. This type of content, above all else, should be promo-free.
5. Content your audience will share. Cut out some of the promo posts in your content calendar and make room for some wholesome holiday fun. Preferably content that your audience members will want to share to their friends and family. Festive videos, recipes, craft and party ideas are just a few ideas that can generate engagement.
So, maybe the holiday season snuck up on you this year, or you’ve been grasping at straws for what to publish. Either way, the above ideas will help you finish off the holiday season on a high note so you can focus on the new year!
Contact us today to help you make every day great on social media!